Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Time is flying

I cannot believe that the first week of December is over! I feel like time is flying by so fast that I can barely keep up. I just realized I never posted about Thanksgiving dinner, but at the same time it feels weird to be talking about Thanksgiving with Christmas just around the corner.

Nevertheless I'm going to do it, but very briefly!  Thanksgiving dinner this year went off without a hitch.  I didn't burn anything and there were no major complications. There were also tons of leftovers to be enjoyed for days afterwards as I made enough food for at least ten people but we were only four. So, what was on the menu?  Butternut squash soup, turkey (of course), green bean casserole, mashed sweet potatoes, honey glazed carrots, homemade stuffing (made it in the crockpot this year!), pumpkin pie and pecan pie.

 
 
Now that the first week of December is over I'm trying to get to work on Christmas.  It kind of hit me this past week that if I'm going to get gifts in the mail for my family, I have to get moving!  So, I've spent the week trying to figure out ideas for gifts and shopping as best I can.  I also set a deadline of this weekend for getting a Christmas tree and getting the house decorated. 
 
What is making everything much more complicated is that I've been really sick all week, and rather than getting better I just seem to be getting worse.  I woke up yesterday morning and literally felt like I had been hit repeatedly by a bus.  Getting through the work day was hell and I finished up all the medicine in the house before the day was even half over.  I finally managed to convince Lionel to run to the pharmacy for me last night when he got home from work (!) and he came back with a bag full of different medicines to help with all my varying symptoms.
 
Today has been much the same, but I pumped myself full of medicine this afternoon and Lionel and I went out quickly to pick out a tree.  That little errand pretty much wore me out for the day, so I'm hoping to have the energy to decorate tomorrow.  I also will have to get gifts wrapped and packed up in a box to be shipped on Monday. 
 
Whew...I just don't know where the days are going and I cannot believe there are only two and a half weeks left till Christmas!  Thanksgiving being so late in November this year really threw me off track for the Christmas season.  I hope that everyone else is faring better than I am for the holidays this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment