Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Finally in the mood pour les fêtes

I have finally managed to kick the cold that has kept me out of commission for nearly three weeks and my improved health seems to have brought with it an improved holiday spirit.  This weekend I finally had the chance to actually enjoy the Christmas season and to get caught up on all the things I just haven't had the energy to do.

I made sugar cookies, just like I would do with my mom and brother when I was a kid
 
I also made a loaf of gingerbread
 
I found a poinsettia while we were out shopping yesterday
 
And we finished all our Christmas shopping and got the gifts wrapped and under the tree
 
 I also, for the first time this year, didn't feel like I was forcing myself through Christmas.  I'm quite happy I finally have the energy to enjoy the holidays since this is one of my favorite times of the year.   I plan to make the most of the few days that remain this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment