Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cincy Beerfest

The other weekend Lionel and I went with a group of friends to the Cincy Winter Beerfest in downtown Cincinnati.  It was a lot if fun and I ran into quite a few people I hadn't seen in a long time, since high school or college.

With your admission you got to sample 25 different beers and they had over 300 beers from around the country and the world to choose from.  Some of them were pretty standard like Coors and Blue Moon but mist of them were harder to find microbrews and more exclusive beers.  Though I stayed away from a lot of the European stuff that isn't common in the US but that I drank often in France, like 1664.  Probably the most interesting beers that I tasted were a tangerine beer and a watermelon beer.  I don't think I would drink either one again, but it was nice to get to try something very different.

entering Cincy Beerfest...sorry the pic quality is so horrible, I took these on my phone

my friend Susan and I enjoying some beers

at Beerfest, located at the Duke Energy Convention Center in downtown Cincinnati

No comments:

Post a Comment