Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Germany

Well, the move went well and we handed over our keys to our little Parisian/Kremlinois apartment on Monday.  It was actually pretty sad, I was so happy to move into that apartment a year and a half ago.  Lionel and I started really building our lives there, but now it's all over.  We are just waiting to hear if the Etat des Lieux went well and if we will get all our deposit back.  The weekend before leaving we had a little going away soirée with some friends, which was a lot of fun, but alo pretty sad.  Even though they are all Lionel's friends, I've now known most of them for 6 years and they have been a big part of my life in Paris, so it was pretty difficult saying goodbye (or I guess, "till the next time").  Now we are in Arcachon at my in-laws' house, relaxing and dealing with the administrative part of the move, since all the physical labor and packing is finished.

Since I've got a little free time now, I finally managed to upload my photos from all my travels in October, so here are some of the highlights from my trip to Germany for Oktoberfest and to visit the Romantic Road (a trip I've already done twice before, but still enjoyed this time!):

Rathaus (city hall) in Munich

Oktoberfest 2011

inside the Paulaner beer tent, where we spent the entire day enjoying
liters of delicious Oktoberfest beer

Hohenschwangau Castle

Neuschwanstein Castle

Neuschwanstein Castle

the gardens of Linderhof Castle

Nordlingen, Germany - a little medieval city along the
Romantic Road

Nordlingen's main square

Rothenburg ob der Tauber - another medieval city
along the Romantic Road

Rothenburg ob der Tauber

2 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous photos! I can't wait to get back to Germany one day and poke around a bit more.

    Good luck with the administration...I think if Max and I moved to Canada, that part would freak me out the most!

    Can't wait to hear more about the pending move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Germany really is a beautiful country and I recommend exploring more if you get the chance.

    So far the administration is going well, and we don't have too much left to do. We've only been working on it for 3 days and we made it a point to tackle only one or two things a day and we are practically finished. I definitely thought it would be worse, but it's surprisingly not too bad!

    ReplyDelete