Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'm free!!!

I just finished my last day of work, and I couldn't be happier!  I'm free!  But it still hasn't entirely set in that I will never have to go back to that job again.

I mailed the books the lent me back to my boss Monday and put my final pay sheet in the mail this evening after my last lesson.  Everything is done, and I don't ever even have to think about this job again. 

I'm leaving for Oktoberfest tonight, but when I get back from Germany I plan to throw away all my old lesson plans/articles/files etc. and I think that is when it will really hit me that I am no longer a business English teacher and that I will never have to be one again!  Though my boss did promise me that if we ever came back to France I could just call her up and have my job back...and as she said this, the thought that went through my mind was "no way in hell!"  I plan to sell the other English books that I have and to delete everything English-teaching related from my life and never look back!

It feels so good, and yet hardly believable!  Freedom!

1 comment:

  1. WOOT WOOT!!! Yay!

    Hey, I might be interested in some of the books. Will you create a list of what you have and the prices you want someplace? Maybe here, on the blog, for starters? Anyway, I'd be curious to know what you have.

    I'm so happy for you, Michele. Feeling so good like this seems to confirm decisions, no? :)

    ReplyDelete