Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

4 years

I just realized today is my 4 year anniversary of being in France.  Four years ago I stepped off the plane, enchanted with this country after my 2 study abroad stints here, looking forward to an exciting year living with Lionel to see if our relationship could work when we actually weren't long distance and (though considerably less excited) ready to spend a year as an English language assistant here in Paris.

Clearly, Lionel and I worked out and I ended up staying here, fighting through all the ups and downs and twists and turns of living in Paris.  Now, 4 years later, I'm looking forward to the next chapter of my life which will begin in a few short months back in the US.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on sticking it out 4 years! It'll be 6 for me at the end of this month. I'm so happy for you that you are moving back to the States. Believe me, if I could (and Max could come along and have a good job in Canada) I'd be on the next plane out of here!

    Will you continue blogging when you are back in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And wow, 6 years, I don't know how you've managed! And I do plan to continue blogging back in the US, and I don't even have to change the name of my blog since I will still be living in a franglais situation, speaking French at home all the time with Lionel and English the rest of the time!

    ReplyDelete